ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES – PERSPECTIVE PLAN – PROCESS AND PROCEDURE
The Perspective Plan for the academic year is represented by an academic calendar with dates and events to schedule all the activities of the academic year as a guide to all the stakeholders of the institution, especially to the students. This calendar reflects the meticulous, effective and efficient functioning of the academic and administrative activities of the Institution.
The curricular and co-curricular activities of the academic year are planned to facilitate and enrich the students’ learning experience in an effortless manner.
The Academic Calendar will have the schedule of all of the events viz.
- The reopening date of the College
- The fee payment date
- The dates for Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) and End Semester Examinations
- The National and State holidays
- The number of working days and the last working day of the Semester, etc.
The members involved in planning of the Academic Calendar are the Principal, Vice-Principals, members of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell, the Controller of Examinations, Deans, Heads of the Departments, Directors and Secretaries of the various Committees, Forums and Clubs, the Research Coordinator, the Placement Officer, the Physical Directress and the Librarian.
The Principal conducts meetings to arrive at the prospective plan of the Institution with the Vice-Principals, the Deans, the IQAC Coordinator and the COE. Important dates are thus finalized in consonance with the dates announced by the University of Madras.
The next round of meetings take place with the Heads of the Departments and the Heads in turn, plan the events accordingly with their faculty members. The Principal along with the IQAC Coordinator meet the Committee, the Physical Directress, the Cultural Coordinators, the Placement Officer, the Research Coordinator and the Librarian to schedule the dates for their respective activities.
- The Vice-Principals, the members of the IQAC along with the members of the Calendar Printing Committee cross check the draft.
- The drafted calendar is given to the teachers to chalk out the teaching schedule, mentoring sessions and plan other academic activities.
- After proof reading the final draft is sent to the Management for approval. On approval, the Calendar is printed and made available to all the stakeholders.
The Academic Calendar is distributed to all the departments so as to reach all the staff and the students.
The students are instructed to go through the Academic Calendar, follow the rules prescribed and be familiar on all matters pertaining to them. The Handbook also provides information, on the Vision & Mission of the Institution, the History of the College, the facilities available in the College, the Fee payment, the General rules and regulations, Staff details and Academic details in addition to the Academic Calendar.
It is a valuable repository of information which guides the staff and students throughout the year.