ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOPMENT CELL
The education system should highlight the importance of entrepreneurship and prepare the students right from school and college education to get oriented towards setting up of enterprises which will provide them creativity, freedom and ability to generate wealth.
- To introduce the concept of entrepreneurship in curricula at degree levels.
- To motivate and develop entrepreneurship among the students.
- Getting insight to entrepreneurial theory and practice through activities and workshops.
- Organizing motivational and inspirational talks from successful Entrepreneurs.
- Facilitating early stage start-up through proper mentoring
- To enable students to remain self-reliant in their employment.
Creating successful entrepreneurs imbibed with leadership qualities using innovative and ethical business practices.
- Creating a strong foundation of academic learning in the field of entrepreneurship
- Instill the passion and spirit among students to pursue entrepreneurship.
- Promote and facilitate the business knowledge.
- Develop aspiring entrepreneurs into motivated and dynamic business leaders.
- Providing various services including information to budding student entrepreneurs.
- Preparing students to face the real world business scenarios.
Young Entrepreneurs’ Forum of our college was inaugurated in our college on 17th February 2011 by Mr. Hemalatha, Managing Director, Sree Vishnu Magnetics Pvt Ltd, Chennai. Dr.Sugandha Kannan,HOD , Commerce took charge of the Forum as coordinator and Dr.P.J.Charumathy,HOD Psychology was the coordinator. On the same day a seminar on Entrepreneurship was convened. Mrs. Sasikala, Senior Manager, Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation Ltd. Gave a lecture on ‘How to become an entrepreneur’ and Mrs. Kripa, Assistant Manager, Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation Ltd., addressed our students on the topic ‘Financing Schemes for Entrepreneurs”.
On 28.10.2011 a Seminar on Entrepreneurship was convened. Mr. Vijayakumar, I.N.D.I.A. Trust, addressed our students on “Entrepreneurship. A workshop was arranged on “Block Printing” Mrs. Latha, Ooviyas School of Fine Arts Chennai was the resource person. On 3.1.12 another workshop was organised and she trained the students on Gift Articles making.
On 12.9.2011 Mr. Ashokan, Assistant Directot, MSME-DI, Chennai conducted on Awareness Programme, and inaugurated ED Cell for the academic year 2011-2012.
On 18.1.12 an International Symposium on ‘Women Entrepreneurs’. Mrs. Vijayalakshmi, Additional Director, TFSC was the Chief Guest. Dr. (Mrs.) Amy Mowl, IFMR, Dr. (Mrs.) Lakshmikumari, IFMR, Mr. Ramamoorthy FCA and Mr. Subburaj, MSME-DI were the resource persons.
In the month of September 2012 Mrs. Tabassum, Style Consultant inaugurated the ED Cell for the academic year 2012-2013.
One month Government sponsored Certificate Programme on varoius skills such as Embroidery ,Tailoring and similar skills is arranged and the response of the students for the same is overwhelming.
Mrs. Hemalatha, Managing Director, Sree Vishnu Magnetics Pvt Ltd., Chennai sharing her experiences with our audience on the day of inaugurationof ED Cell on 17th February 2011
Mr. Vijayakumar, President, I.N.D.I.A. Trust, a nodal organisation of EDI, India getting ready to address our students. Seminar on “Entrepreneurship” – 28.10.2011.
Dr. Amy Moul, IFMR, Mrs. Vijayalakshmi, TFSC, Chennai, Dr. Sugandha Kannan, HoD, Commerce, Coordinator, ED Cell, Mr. Ramamoorthy, FCA and Dr. Charumathy PJ Coordinator, ED Cell in the International Symposium on Women Entrepreneurs on 18.1.2012.
Mrs. Tabassum, Style Sonsultant with out staff members of Commerce Department and Young Entrepreneurs’ Forum – in – charge. Inauguration of ED Cell for the academic year 2012-2013.