About Official College Alumnae Association
The aim of the Alumnae Association is to continue to add value to you the student by providing a secure means to communicate with long lost friends and connections to advance careers or kinder the friendship that was once selfless and pure.
We believe in Social networking but in a form that is secure and meaningful. We are striving to have information about every student, ever since the inception of this Institution, so that you may find people that you could never find in any other public social network.
We also like to make the best out of events such as Alumni Reunion to inspire the upcoming generations by felicitating students who have reached great heights and have made an impact in this world.
Membership of the Association is open world wide, to anyone who has been a student of the College for one term or more; is serving or has served as the staff, visiting lecturers included.
The Alumnae are encouraged to enroll themselves as registered alumnae of the College by visiting the existing website
The Alumnae Corner building was completed and declared open by the Chairman of the College, Mrs. Fathima Akhtar.
Mrs. Hannah Savitri David was the Alumnae Secretary for six years since 1972.
Members of the Alumnae Association :
All U.G., P.G. students and research scholars of our institution are the Alumnae members.
Objectives of the Association :
1. To foster a good relationship between our alumnae and the institution.
2. To help our Alumnae connect with their batch mates and friends.
3. To motivate our alumnae to contribute to the development of the College academically, financially and socially.
This Alumnae Association was revived in the year 2006 under the able leadership of the Correspondent Mr.Faizur Rahman Sayeed and the Alumni Secretary, Dr. Mrs. Roshanara Begum, the then Head of the Department of Human Science. The Association conducts meetings and reunions on regular basis to reach out and establish contacts with its alumnae. The alumnae achievers are identified and felicitated. They are also invited to address the gathering during Alumnae reunions. An elaborate programme is chalked out with entertainment and games followed by dinner.
Highlights of the Association :
1. On the occasion of the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the Southern India Education Trust and the Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed College for Women, the first volume of the “Alumni Achiever” book was brought out. The book was the result of the vision and perseverance of the Alumni secretary, Dr.Roshanara Begum.
2. Lifetime Professional Achievement Awards were instituted and about 20 of our Alumni Achievers from different walks of life were its recipients.
3. Nearly 50% of our teaching faculty are our alumnae.
4. Our Alumnnae are invited to be on the Board of Studies of our Departments and contribute to the framing of the syllabus.
5. Our Alumnae who have achieved excellence in their respective fields of study are invited to inaugurate the association meetings of the College and to deliver guest lectures.
Contact Us: Room No. 209, Diamond Jubilee Block, Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed College for Women (Autonomous).