Department of Interior Design & Decor
During the year 1973 the Interior design and décor course was initiated as a job oriented course in the forenoon session. The Dynamic Department of Interior design and décor was introduced in the academic year 2004 – 2005, in the afternoon session under the guidance of the then principal Dr. Salma Salauddin ,with the help of Ms. S. H. Meherunnisa, former H.O.D. Of Human Science Dept.
To train and equip women students with education of the highest quality so that they may become successful INTERIOR DESIGNERS / DECORATOR and lead responsible and purposeful lives.
Students have participated in various inter departmental and inter collegiate and have won many prizes.
- I place in Face painting & II place in Vegetable carving in Valliammal college cultural in the year 2006.
- A couple of prizes have been won in various competitions conducted by the College Enviro Club in the year 2007
- A team won II place in Fashion show in the year 2008
- An NCC Cadet won the I place in Republic Day parade held in Chennai & New Delhi in the month of Jan. 2009.
- I place in Wall paper designing conducted by Kanyaka Parameshwari college in 2010
- A team of 2009 batch won I place in “Lights on” & “Be seated”competition in the month of Dec. 2011
- A team of III yr won I place in Rangoli & Pot painting conducted by Jain College in the month of Aug. 2012.
- A team of III yr won I place In Eye mask making & Nail art , II place in shilpakar clay & script writing conducted by S.D.N.B Vaishnav College in the month of Sep. 2012.
- A couple of prizes have also been won in Sports and athletics by the students of all years collectively.
- Mural art work- every year in the VI semester the students paint a mural on a suitable wall in the campus.
The department Association was inaugrated under the banner of “STROKES” on 20th Sep. 2010. We have been conducting various activities, workshops, seminars, Guest lecture, competitions, exhibitions etc. under this banner.
- Workshop on Fabric painting, Pot painting and Glass painting conducted by Latha Mani Rajkumar from Camel Creatives.
- Workshop on Silk painting, Warli & Kalamkari conducted by Mrs. Meera Rao,fevicryl tutor.
- Workshop on Interior & Exterior Model making by Mr. Manoharan, Model maker.
- Workshop on Furnishings- Swags, Cascades & Curtains by Mr. Sardar.
- Workshop on Wood carving & Furniture making by a Carpenter.
- Seminars & Guest lectures are delivered by the Professionals specialized in various fields – Architects, Interior designers, Fashion designers & Artists.
- We conduct Inter departmental competitions related to Interior designing in the month of Feb.
- The Art, Craft, Fabric designing & Architectural designing work done by the students are exhibited in the Annual Exhibition in the month of March.
- A trip to Kerala in 2008 to visit traditional architecture.
- A trip to Hyderabad in 2009 & 2010 to visit various monuments, forts & museum.
- An International trip to Nepal in 2011 to visit various cultural heritage sites.
- A trip to Gandhigram University, Dindugal in 2012 to visit various dying, spinning, knitting & weaving units.
- A trip to Rajasthan in 2012 to visit various palaces, forts & museum
- We are planning for a trip to Theni in 2013 to visit fabric mills, civil & interior design Sites.
- Every year students visit Dhakshin chithra , Mahabalipuram , Art galleries, Construction sites, Weavers service centre, Art & Craft exhibition, Show rooms for visual knowledge & field knowledge.