Department of Electronics and Communication Science
The Department of Electronic Science was established in the year 1996.
R. VAJUBINNISA BEGUM,B.E.,M.E.,M.C.A.,PGDCA.
J. SHERIN PERCY PREMA LEELA.,M.Sc.,M.Phil.
- Our Students participated in the V.SANDHIYA & S. SWAPNA of III B.Sc., Electronics & Communication Science won I prize in exhibiting their project “Petrol Bunk Automation using PIC Microcontroller” in the National LevelTechnical Fest organized by HINDUSTAN COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCE.
- Five of our First year students attended Simulation programme on “Embedded System” conducted by KRMMC of Arts & Science.
- In the intercollegiate competitions conducted by JAYA COLLEGE OF ARTS & SCIENCE our students excelled in various events as listed below:
- G. Preethi& A.R. Gejalakshmi won III PRIZE in PROJECT DISPLAY.
- R. Janani, P. Lavanya, R. Rubini, J.Gayathri& V. Sandhiya won III PRIZE in AD-ZAP.
- G.S. Aishwarya& S. SwapnaParveen won II PRIZE in FUN XEROX.
- The Electronic Association ELOPHIS of SRM Arts & Science College conducted an intercollegiate technical fest in which our students won prizes in various events and also emerged FIRST in overall tally.
- S. Sadhana& M. Nivethasri won I prize in PROJECT DISPLAY.
- U. Malarkodi&S.Swapna won III prize in CIRCUIT DEBUGGING.
- R. Dhanalakshmi& N. Divyadevi won II PLACE in CONNECTIONS
- N. Azra Sultana & G.S. Aishwarya II PRIZE IN QUIZ.
- G. Sai Preetha& H. Haseena won II PLACE in FACE PAINTING.
- Q. JuhiFarheen& J. AhamedMubeena won II PLACE in DUMB CHARADS
- R. Janani, P. Lavanya, N.Senthamiljothi, J.Gayathri& V. Sandhiya won II PRIZE in AD-ZAP.
In addition to academic activities our students have won glories to the College and also to the department.
- I Year student M. Sowntharya won Third Place in TABLE TENNIS at Zonal Level.
- I Year student M. Sowntharya won Second Place in BATMITTON at Zonal Level. Also won third place at Inter Zonal Level.
- GOWRI SONA won III place and I place in flag area competition conducted by Pachayapas College &Ambedkar Law University.
- GOWRI SONA won III place in solo dance competition conducted by Ambedkar Law University and also participated in NCC day won I prize.
- M. SOWNTHARYA won III place in Group dance competition conducted by Ambedkar Law University.
- M. SOWNTHARYA won I place in TSC Cadet on NCC Day competition.
- GOWRI SONA & M. SOWNTHARYA were participated in Gymnastic and Pyramid sports meet Karate demonstration in JBAS College.
To crown all R. Janani of III year underwent many training camps under NCC and also won many prizes in table tennis, firing, trekking and cultural events. To mention a few she was also awarded “Best Hill Rider” & “Best Outgoing NCC Cadet”.
2014 – 2015
The Electronic Association “ELECTRO SPARK” was inaugurated on 27th August 2014 by the Guest of honour Mrs. S. SHANTHI, Chief Manager – Training, National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC), Technical Services Centre.
A one day seminar on “ENTREPRENEUR ORIENTATION” was organized on 24th September 2014 for the final year UG students of our Department in order to create awareness amongst them on setting up new small business enterprises. The Resource person was Dr. J.S. PRABU, Trainer, NSIC Centre.
In addition to this our Department also conducted two days workshop on the topic, “MAINTENANCE AND TROUBLE SHOOTING OF HOME APPLIANCES”
The Department of Electronic Science organized a National Workshop “FUZZY LOGIC AND ANDROID” for the faculty members of other colleges as a part of the Diamond Jubilee Celebration of the college on 27th January 2015. It was inaugurated by Mr. MOHAN CHANDAR, Co-founder and vice-president, TPF SOFTWARE. Dr. A. AZAD, Director, Centre for International Affairs, Anna University, was chief guest for the Valedictory function.
MR. MAHESH ANAND, Founder and chief Technology Officer, Scientific Computing Solutions India, spoke about “FUZZY LOGIC IN CONSUMER ELECTRONICS AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION USING MATLAB”. The second technical session was on “ANDROID APPLICATIONS” by ELDHOSE T.MATHEW., Regional Academic Head – Kerala and Tamil Nadu, Aptech.
This year our Department has 25 placement recruitments to the credit in various IT/BPO Sectors like TECH Mahindra, CTS,TCS, IGATE, WIPRO, SUTHERLAND, SDBFS, Hinduja Global Service, Bajaj Alliance etc.
2013 – 2014
The electronic association “ELECTROSPARK” was inaugurated by Mr.A. MOHAMMED MYDEEN, SCIENTIST – E( TECHNICAL DIRECTOR) , Government of India, National Informatics Centre, department of IT.
A state level technical fest was organized and it was inaugurated by Mr. A. MAYURANATHAN, Chairman, Quality circle forum of India, Chennai chapter. More than 150 participants from all over state had participated and exhibited their talents in the various events. The chief guest for the valedictory programme was Mr. P. DAMODARAN, Principal, Regional Telecom Centre, BSNL.
Our department has organized a seminar and workshop in the topics “ORCAD PCB DESIGN AND ITS SCOPE”&“ PCB DESIGN IN BATTERY VOLTAGE MONITOR AND VOLTAGE REGULATOR USING SOFTWARE TOOL” by the ORCAD PCB design training centre.
This academic year our students have made an outstanding academic performance not only securing 100% results in addition 18 of our students passed distinction and one got exemplary. 23 out 27 students were placed in well reputed organizations like Infosys, CTS, WIPRO , ACCENTURE, SYNTEL , TCS and L&T because of our expertise syllabus updating which is at par with present job market.
2012 – 2013
The Electronic Association “ELECTRO SPARK” was inaugurated on the 24th August 2012 by the guest of honourDr.S.Ananthi, Head, Central Instrumentation Research and Service Department, University of Madras.
The Department was organized a one day seminar on the topic entitled “The role of Embedded Applications in consumer Electronics” in collaboration with National Small Scale Industries Corporation Technical service centre, Government of India enterprise
In addition to this, The Department was also conducted a two day workshop on the topic of “Power Electronics Circuit Designing using MATLAB” in collaboration with PANTECH Solutions
The Department organised the Intercollegiate Technical Fest on 22nd& 23rdFebruary 2013 which was inaugurated by Mrs. S.M.S. NALINI, General Manager, National Small Scale Industries Corporation Technical service centre, Government of India enterprise.
The Department has achieved 100% results with all first classes for the year 2012.
2011 – 2012
The Department of Electronic Science secured 100% results and about 90% of the students are well placed in the leading companies of this current era during the academic year 2010- 2011.
Our Department has inaugurated the Association meet ELECTRO SPARK’11 On 10th oct ’11. The inaugural address was given by the chief guest Dr. R. SENTHIL KUMAR, Director,&Dr.M.JAYAPRAKASAM, Deputy Director, Advanced Training Institute, Government of India .
A one day seminar was organized on 7th December for the students of our department. The resource persons are Mrs. K. ARULSELVI & Mr. RAVI, Training Officers from Advanced Training Institute, Government of India & they enlightened our students on various aspects on “Applications of Electronics in Industries” and Electrical Safety & First Aid” respectively.
A workshop on ‘ORCAD PCB EDITOR” was conducted for two days by MAASTECH technologies on 14th & 15th of December.
The Department of Electronic Science secured 100% results in the year 2009-2010. P. Subhashini Secured I rank in the Autonomous Examinations. C.K.Janani secured Proficiency Prize winner at the UG level.
Our Department has organized a one day workshop (practical oriented) in the following topic for the staff and students. “SOLDERING PRACTICES” Using Mini gadgets, Conducted by Blue chip Technologies.
2010 – 2011
The Department of Electronic Science secured 100% results in the year 2010-2011. C.K.Janani secured I rank in Autonomous Examinations. V.Supraja is the Proficiency Prize winner in the year 2010. Our Department has organized a one day workshop (practical oriented) in the topic “Circuit designing using pspice software” (ELECTRONIC ORCAD).
Our Department has inaugurated the Association meet ELECTRO SPARK’10 On 15th Sep ’10. The inaugural address was given by the chief guest DR.VAIDEHI GANESHAN, Senior Scientist, IGCAR, Kalpakkam.
Our Department Staff members and students went for an Industrial visit to Regional Telecom Training Centre in “BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LTD” at Maraimalai Nagar on 16th December 2010
The Department of Electronic Science (both UG & PG) secured 100% results in the year 2008- 2009. Our Department student Razia Parveen.N secured University II rank. Vidya Bharathi secured I Rank at the PG level. V.Gomathy Secured Proficiency Prize at the PG level. P. Subhashini secured Proficiency Prize at the UG level.
The Department of Electronic Science conducted a workshop in the following topics by the following resource persons in the month of February 2009.
1. Personality Development
2. Demonstration and simulation of VLSI -
Mr. M.S.BALAKRISHNAN, DEPUTY DIRECTOR
CENTRAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING INSTITUTES
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA.
3. Embedded System By MASS TECH
The Department of B.Sc Electronic Science secured 100% results in the year 2007- 2008. Jaya Lakshmi.I. secured University VII rank in April 2007. Razia Parveen.N secured Proficiency Prize at the UG level. Vidya Bharathi secured Proficiency Prize at the PG level.